1) Congratulations to all of our graduating seniors! I'm so proud of you all and I'm looking forward to seeing you in your robes on Monday!
2) Just a reminder that just because a petition is approved (ex: for taking a course in MSE), Mech Eng cannot offer you a guarantee that you will get into the course in question. That is completely up to the department who owns the course or if there is enough room for you in the course if others have priority.
3) Check out this ME 102B project video. It's pretty fun! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOg76FKykSY
4) Most of you know this, but, just in case you don't, I'm here for the most of the summer. Feel free to reach out with your questions.
HAVE AN AWESOME, MIND-BLOWING SUMMER, ALL!
As an important partner in student career development, we want to inform you of an exciting transition we're making. On June 1st, the Career Center will be adopting a new dynamic recruitment platform, known as Handshake. Handshake is a contemporary job and career planning software that will help UC Berkeley talent find highly competitive opportunities such as top internships and full-time jobs.
Handshake will allow students to create dynamic profiles in order to connect directly with companies who actively recruit on our campus. Outside of formal recruiting, they will also gain access to a variety of career resources, read blogs or find out about events that increase their knowledge about the world of work, providing them with clarity about career options available to them.
Students have all been sent our FAQ page.
Our Go Live date is June 1st and we will plan to do a much more intentional student campaign around this new transition as we gear up for the fall semester.
The Student Learning Center is thrilled to invite applications for our Fall 2016 Writing Tutor Cohort. Apply Today!
We are looking for candidates who are:
• committed to their own growth as writers;
• interested in being part of a writing culture that respects the writer and the writing process;
• prepared to be of service to fellow student writers and to the campus community at large.
Successful candidates must also:
• Have completed UCB writing requirement;
• Be able to commit at least 6 hours/week;
• Be in good academic standing;
• Possess a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
Did you know?
You can tutor for pay or for 2-unit credit in Education 97/197 or English 310.
Apply today. We look forward to hearing from you! Preference given to applications submitted by 5/6/2016.
As a top student in a technical discipline, you can anticipate many career opportunities as graduation approaches.
However, few of these opportunities can offer the potential impact of a career at Sandia National Laboratories. We do national security work that is beyond the scope or means of most private organizations, pushing frontiers at the edge of science and engineering in areas as diverse as cyber security, nuclear weapon systems, clean combustion, biotechnology, and sustainable energy.
If you are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Technology, Computer Information Systems, Cyber Security, or Management Information Systems, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume and application and get ready for the changes ahead.
Apply Online: http://www.sandia.gov/careers/
In addition to working at the forefront of technology on problems of real significance, you can expect competitive pay, top-notch benefits, and a work-life balance that gives you time to enjoy family, friends, and the rich cultural, educational, and recreational opportunities that surround our sites in Albuquerque, NM, and Livermore, CA.
Sandia National Laboratories
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers.