1) Today (Friday 9/23) is the last day to change your schedule (add/drop, grade option changes). Just as a reminder, all tech courses have to be taken for a grade (unless they absolutely cannot be used towards your major requirements). If you change your grade option for any tech courses after today, the change will be reversed out.
2) Please take a few minutes to double-check your schedules on CalCentral to make sure they look correct.
3) Not sure what you should be aiming to accomplish in each academic year? Check out our major milestone lists at http://www.me.berkeley.edu/undergraduate/resources/career-maps-level.
Have a delightful autumn weekend!
Tuesday, October 4, 6-8:30pm, Faculty Club. Have you ever sat down to a formal meal and wondered, “What are all of these forks for?” Or been networking and thought, “Is this an appropriate topic to raise?” Then our networking and professional etiquette dinner will put you at ease.
Presented by a certified professional etiquette trainer, this event is a fun, non-threatening way to learn business etiquette skills while enjoying a three course meal! Some topics covered include: How to confidently enter a room full of strangers; How to introduce yourself and properly shake hands; How to make small talk while networking; How to use utensils and dishes appropriately. Tickets are $15 and pre-paid reservations are required to hold your space.
Join the Center for Access to Engineering Excellence for free cupcakes and professional headshots for your professional, online profiles. Thursday, September 29, 2-4pm, 227 Bechtel. Selfies are not acceptable for sites like LinkedIn, so let us help you spruce up your profile to ensure that you make a great impression! Please RSVP.
Join the Center for Access to Engineering Excellence and register for the rest of their academic success workshops online.
- Preparing for Graduate School | Monday, October 3 | 2pm
- Managing Stress & Test Anxiety | Tuesday, October 4 | 1pm
- Getting Involved in Research | Monday, November 14 | 2pm
Saturday, October 1st
We'll have an open house in studios 110 + 120 from 11:30am-1pm next Saturday (10/1) for homecoming, featuring digital fabrication demos, displays/demos from student groups, and more -- open to all ages. It's a great chance to show your friends, parents, and others the makerspace!
Calling All Student Innovators: The 2016-17 Big Ideas Contest is now open!
As one of the nation’s oldest and most prestigious social impact contests, Big Ideas awards up to $300,000 directly to students each year for their groundbreaking initiatives. Additionally, all students who apply to the Big Ideas Contest have access to a wide range of resources -- workshops, advising, mentorship, networking and more -- designed to transform their innovations into successful social ventures.
Learn more at: http://bigideas.berkeley.edu/
Information Session: September 27 (6pm, B100 Blum Hall)
Application Deadline: November 16, 12pm PST