Preparing for the Spring 2018 Semester
Spring 2018 courses will appear on the UC Berkeley Schedule on October 1st. Phase I of Course Enrollment will begin October 16th. Junior transfers who began their programs in Fall 2017 will be required to see a Faculty Adviser and their enrollment will be blocked until they do. For everyone else, Faculty Advising is strongly recommended, but not required. For this purpose, we are providing you with two different types of opportunities:
Who: A variety of faculty
Where: 3110 Etcheverry Hall
When: Tuesday, October 17th, 10am-3:30pm
Where: Faculty Offices
When: Monday, 10/9 - Fri 10/13, faculty will have sign-up sheets on their door starting Wed 10/4. If your faculty does not have sign-up and have not contacted you about an alternate method of meeting, please email them. Please sign up at least a day in advance.
What to Bring
To ensure that advising time is productive and that we can advise you properly, we cheerfully insist that you bring the following documents with you (you will not be advised without them):
- A Class Enrollment Form (which will need to be signed by a Faculty Adviser and brought to Shareena Samson in 6193 Etcheverry Hall - please allow us at least 2 business days to remove any blocks)
- An unofficial transcript (from CalCentral)
- A copy of the ME curriculum (with your completed courses X'ed out)
Graduating Seniors and students who plan to graduate in Spring 2018 should make sure to do a Final Degree Check with your ESS Adviser in 230 Bechtel if you have not already done so.
Undeclared Students Who Intend to Declare ME
Please send an email to email@example.com and further instructions will be sent to you.
- Starting Fall 2015, CS 61A will no longer be accepted as a substitute for E7.
- Lower Division Technical Elective courses only can count 3 units towards your 15 unit requirement.
- Students who are interested in Design should check out the Human-Centered Design Course Thread.
- Students must complete prerequisites before taking classes.