3.3 Major Field Advisers

Each Major Field Group has a designated a Major Field Adviser (MFA) and every student in the department is assigned to a Major with the exception of 5th Year Students whose MFA is the Vice-Chair of Graduate Study. The most current list of MFAs is always posted on the bulletin board outside the Student Services Office. You should meet with your MFA to discuss your class schedule before the beginning of each semester - unless you have completed all of your coursework, you will need the MFA to sign off on your Confirmation of Class Schedule. S/he is responsible for advising you on what courses to take each semester and to monitor your academic program and progress towards the completion of your degree. Once your MFA and you have agreed on your class schedule you may bring your form to the Student Services Office, receive your adviser code and register through TeleBEARS. 


In addition to advising you on your program of study, the MFA is responsible for: 


- Approving courses for given semester by providing their signature on the Course Confirmation Form.

- Recommending action to be taken on various petitions you may initiate

  • - Serving as a general source of advice and counsel on all matters pertaining to your relationship with the College and the University

If you have a problem that your MFA cannot resolve, please come to the ME Student Services Office.


A current list of MFAs can be found at here.