ME199/ME 196 & ME H194

Students in the department can do independent research within the department if a faculty member agrees to take him/her on as an advisee. All research units except ME 196 and ME H194 are graded on a Pass/Not Pass basis. ME 196 (GPA of 3.29 and below) and ME H194 (GPA of 3.3 and above) are letter graded, and three of these types of units total can be used towards your Technical Elective Requirement.


Once you have found an advisor, please email Shareena Samson with a request for your Course Control Number and copy your advisor on the message. Please indicate your year, and the type of research this will be (i.e. will you be working in a lab? Is this a completely individual project? etc.). The appropriate CCN will be sent back to you.