Preparing for the Fall 2017 Semester
Phase I of Course Enrollment will begin April 17th. Because we are still transitioning to a new student system, as an exceptional to our normal procedures, we are not requiring that you see your Faculty Adviser. However, we still strongly recommend that you check in with them in-person. Here are the details.
Where: Faculty Offices
When: During normal office hours unless your assigned adviser has given you alternate times.
What to Bring
To ensure that advising time is productive and that we can advise you properly, we cheerfully insist that you bring the following documents with you (you will not be advised without them):
- An unofficial transcript (from CalCentral)
- A copy of the ME curriculum (with your completed courses X'ed out)
Graduating Seniors and students who plan to graduate in Fall 2017 should make sure to do a Final Degree Check with your ESS Adviser in 230 Bechtel if you have not already done so.
Undeclared Students Who Intend to Declare ME
Please send an email to email@example.com and further instructions will be sent to you.
- There are no adviser codes for this semester.
- If you plan to complete your degree in Spring 2018, you need to plan on taking ME 102A in the Fall. It is unlikely that we will be offering this course in the Spring of 2018.
- A new technical elective policy is going to be in place starting Fall 2017 (pending final approval by the College of Engineering).
- Starting Fall 2015, CS 61A will no longer be accepted as a substitute for E7.
- Lower Division Technical Elective courses only can count 3 units towards your 18 unit requirement (or 3 of your 15 required units starting F17).
- Students who are interested in Design should check out the Human-Centered Design Course Thread.
- Students must complete prerequisites before taking classes.
- Students should not be taking ME 102A and ME 107 simultaneously.