- Or alternately, Course Plan 1A
Please note that though the department will try its best to make the above schedules possible, due to campus scheduling restraints, faculty schedules, and room availability, this may not be possible. If you have questions about your schedule or have concerns, please be sure to see your ME adviser.
- Students entering UCB as transfer students are expected to graduate within four (4) semesters.
- Transfer students who are admitted missing 3 or more lower division requirements do NOT have to petition for an extra semester; approval is granted automatically in these situations.
- Students participating in a study abroad program do not have to petition. Approval for one additional semester will be granted to all study abroad students. - Summer terms, or any quarter/ semester completed someplace other than UCB (including FPF) do NOT count toward the allotted semesters.
- In exceptional cases, if a student will be unable to complete all degree requirements within the allotted time, they can petition for an extra semester. Extra time cannot be granted to complete a minor, do research, or take elective courses. An extra semester is granted in instances where it would not be possible to complete the degree within the allotted time for some reason beyond a student's control (i.e., illness, disability, parenting responsibilities, etc.). Students who want to petition for an extra semester should meet with their ESS adviser in 230 Bechtel Engineering Center to discuss their situation.
More information can be found here.
If you have to take 3 or more of the courses below, you will be granted 5 semesters to complete all of your requirements automatically.
- Engineering 7: Introduction to Computer Programming for Scientists & Engineers
- Engineering 25: Visualization for Design
(Note: If you've taken the equivalent of Engineering 10: Engineering Design and Analysis, you can skip the Engineering 25.)
- Engineering 27: Introduction to Manufacturing & Tolerancing
(Note: If you've taken the equivalent of Engineering 28: Basic Engineering Design Graphics, but not Engineering 10: Engineering Design and Analysis, you only need to take Engineering 27.)
- Mechanical Engineering 40: Thermodynamics
- Mechanical Engineering C85: Introduction to Solid Mechanics
- Electrical Engineering 40: Introduction to Microelectronic Circuits
- Humanities and Social Sciences (H/SS) Requirement (Please refer to the COE website for restrictions and exceptions pertaining to these lists.)